cookieOptions = {msg};

Monday 5 February 2007

Well, now I know what -40 feels like.

Well, -38C, which is what it was a few minutes ago walking from my car to the office. Happened to snag a prime parking space, but that's another story. But Breakfast Television was still reporting 8am's official temp of -40 at 9am when I was leaving the house. For reference, -40 is where the Celsius and Fahrenheit scales converge.

No one will believe it, but I've become quite blasé about the weather. Oh, I still complain. It's what I do. I avoid going out if the wind chill is below about -30C, and more than once I've begged out of stuff because it was just too cold, or snowing, or whatever. But a good friend complained about how cold it was where he lives. -16C! Horrors!

Now, I won't say that it's been months since we've seen -16C. Actually, it's only been a couple of weeks. But still. -16C? As I said to my friend, "puh-leez!" Talk to the hand, cuz the ears are covered in three layers of fabric.

No comments: