cookieOptions = {msg};

Wednesday 15 August 2007

The joy of poking

No, not that. Get yer head out of the gutter.

I've joined Facebook. I have a couple of friends who spend a lot of time on facebook, and I was resisting. Except there's a Winnipeg Fringe Volunteer Collective, run by FringeBuddy Danielle Carriere (for those of you who aren't sure who Danielle is, "her royal highness, venue 6"), that I wanted in on. So I hopped on yet another internet bandwagon.

I haven't worked out all the ins and outs, but I've discovered "poking". You can "poke" your friends on Facebook. You press a button that says "Poke <friend>", you get a little notice confirming that you want to "poke" them, and then they get a notice that they've been "poked". They can then either ignore it, reject it, or "poke back".

My friend James and I have a kind of "poke war" going on. But since it doesn't involve on-screen pop-ups, noises, or anything else, it's a lot less annoying than in the old days at IBM, when I used to msg him incessantly.

Weirdly, we're still friends.

No comments: