cookieOptions = {msg};

Friday 10 November 2006

What I do instead of sleep

I was going to go to bed early tonight. And then I started thinking about catching up with stuff. And it took longer than I thought it would.

It's been this way all day. I got into work about 11:30pm, and took care of some e-mail, and some other business. Then I started to prepare a presentation I'm making in a couple of weeks. And four hours later, I was still on slide 13. And it was all text. Usually, when something takes that long, I hit a slide that requires a diagram, or some numbers, or something and I have to take care of that (before I forget about it) before going on. But four slides an hour, all text, and it's not even like I making up the content as I go, is just slow. Even for me.

So I don't get up and go home until after 6pm. I pick up some food on the way home and eat, doing some personal e-mail and watching "Pinky and the Brain" on DVD. More on that another time. And about 9:30, I think I could get ready for bed if I really felt like it. And I do. So I start getting ready for bed. But then I see myself in a mirror and realize that if I don't wash the gunk out of my hair that I put in this morning, I *not* going to be happy tomorrow, so I hop into the shower. And then I have to wait for my hair to dry, so I sit down and start another episode of "PatB". And then I go on line and realize that I need to update some software. And that takes a while. And then I realize I haven't blogged for a while, and I look up the blog and think about all the stuff I meant to do with the blog this week: put up my picture of Blue Teddy, update my links (from the links from my other web presence). And then I look up at the clock and it's midnight.

So picture's up, links are up, and I'm going to bed. Real content of some kind tomorrow.