cookieOptions = {msg};

Thursday 30 October 2008

Thoughts on today's Unpleasant Medical Procedure

Sort of anticlimactic, actually. I slept through it. The worst part was the 24-hours of clear liquids, actually--although it turns out I actually sort of like drinking thinned down Jell-O. So that really wasn't so bad. The rest of the prep wasn't nearly as bad as I'd made it out in my head.

Actually, the worst part was getting up at 6:30 am (there's 6:30 AM now?) in order to get dressed and catch the bus to the hospital. Although the IV wasn't much fun, except for the going to sleep part. I may have drifted off before they even started the drugs, come to think about it. The only thing I'm sure I remember was them discussing which drugs and how much.

Gastroscopy and colonoscopy, in case you were wondering. I have vague memory, although it might have been a dream, of the doctor saying something like "okay this is going to be cold and slippery", and then later of having the bed swung around and having something foamy and sharp and cherry flavo(u)red sprayed into my mouth to numb me down for the gastroscope. But I'm not sure at all. All I'm sure about is when I woke up I was back in the recovery room, and felt just fine. And actually kind of rested.

So now I've gotten home, eaten some yummy solid food, and now I'm trying to decide whether to go out and take a nice walk in the almost warm and definitely sunny, or if I should just give up and go take a nap.

The nap idea is winning, but I'm thinking my ever-expanding health-care team would prefer the walk. Maybe I can figure out a way to do both. Ooh.

No comments: