cookieOptions = {msg};

Thursday 11 December 2008

Gastrointestinal update 3

Well, the abdominal CT adventure has been scheduled for January 7th. It doesn't sound too bad, prep-wise. It actually sounds kind of interesting, although I'm not sure I can hold still for the two hours it may require without some serious assistance. We'll see.

I'm now 24 hours behind schedule, that is, where I thought I would be on Monday. Yesterday turned into a great black hole of non-accomplishment. Today I finally got out to my favo(u)rite coffee place at the Forks and did a lot of marking (test-grading). I still have an essay-answer question to mark in one of my stacks of papers, and the posters from Communication Disorders. But then grades will be done and in and all will be well.

Okay, so tomorrow is Friday. I plan to a) finish marking those exams, b) get some solid work in on the review I'm doing for Language and Speech which is now two weeks late, and c) maybe get Xmas stuff to the post-office. Maybe. Depending on the weather. And my indolence.

Next week, it's letters of reference, and possibly a PhD defense that I have to 'Examine', which means I go and read the official statement of gravitas from the Faculty of Graduate Studies and make sure no one pulls a fast one, but otherwise I don't think I have to do anything, critique-wise or anything, so I'll use it as something of a deep-breathing and meditation moment. Then on Thursday there's the Dean's holiday reception on campus and at 7pm the Fringe performer lottery at MTC Warehouse. Woo hoo!

No comments: