cookieOptions = {msg};

Tuesday 2 December 2008

Periodontal update

Well, not good news. Well, not bad news, but not good news. I used to have a 9mm 'slit' across the root of my lower left first molar. I underwent a periodontal graft, and now I have a 6mm slit at the back of my left first molar. Periodonist is very upset with me. Fortunately, he's not talking immediate second surgery. We're going to see how it goes for six months and if it doesn't get any worse, we might just live with it for a while.

So the good news is that this is presumably the last time in a while that I'll have to get up in time to make a 7:45am perio appointment. .Which is good because it was supposed to have been yesterday. But I had a mind-blorf.

Thursday it's the ophthamologist, then I'm off the hook until the first week in January, when I have to have some blood work done in preparation for my Jan 13 endocrinology appointment, and my Jan 15 dentist appointment.

Still no word on scheduling the CT scan of my ileocecal valve (and, one presumes, adjoining areas), but I expect to be hearing about that shortly.

Never let it me said that I'm not getting my money's worth out of Canadian medical care.

No comments: